Drug withdrawals can be unbearable. A majority of time the addict will go back out searching to end the painful symptoms they are feeling, like anxiety, the restlessness, nausea, and just inability to continue life in that state. Essential oils are fairly new and are showing great reviews for helping with the symptoms of drug withdrawals.
After researching and using them on myself and family, I have compiled a list that will be helpful to anyone who wants to try it. If you are anything like me, I would try almost anything I can to stop the withdrawals. The list is below. Some are aroma (in the air) and some are used on the skin itself:
????????USE WEBSITE BELOW TO ORDER 14 OILS FROM #1 ESSENTIAL OIL COMPANY ????????
Anxiety and Stress:
Anxiety is one of the leading withdrawal symptom while going through withdrawals. Our brain is going through changes without drugs clouding it any longer. We are short fused and anxious about anything that is going on at the time.
1. Lavender- This is one of the most popular aromatherapy oils. Lavender aromatherapy is thought to calm anxiety by impacting the limbic system, the part of the brain that controls emotions.
2. Jasmine- Jasmine has a floral scent. It is known for assisting in balancing mood. It calms the nervous system without causing sleepiness.
3. Frankincense- This oil has a musky sweet aroma that’s thought to ease anxiety. I read where joining Frankincense, lavender, and bergamot improved anxiety, depression, and pain in people with terminal cancer.
4. Bergamot- It assists with calming one as well
5. Lemon Bark and Lemongrass- These have a fresh, uplifting aroma that subsides the anxiety and there side effects.
These are the 5 essential oils I have chosen for the symptoms of mild anxiety. Although research has shown that aromatherapy may help relieve anxiety, it’s no substitute for seeing your doctor.
If you have a stressful day at work or you’re anxious because you have an important appointment, an aromatherapy session or two might be just what you need.
But if you experience chronic anxiety that interferes with daily activities, call your doctor or a mental health professional. They can work with you to develop a management plan tailored to your needs.
Muscle and Joint Pain:
1. Wintergreen- This oil has a cooling effect on your muscles/joints. It can relieve the swelling in the muscles and joints. This decreases physical pain.
2. Peppermint- This has the same Idea as Wintergreen as far as a cooling effect. Rubbing this oil on legs can assists with restless leg syndrome which is very common during Opioid withdrawal.
3. Marjoram Oil- This also can help with muscle cramping and tension. Known for ability to reduce inflammation and pain.
4. Eucalyptus- Relieves the pain and inflammation
5. Chamomile oils – Chamomile can help with pain and inflammation as well
Other Symptoms like Nausea, Lethargy, Digestion Issues-
1. Ginger Oil- Known to reduce nausea and vomitting
2. Fennel Seed Oil- This oil aids in the digestion and treating an upset stomach. Fennel seed oil may also be helpful for reducing bloating and gas.
3 Grapefruit and Lime Oils- These assists with lethargy, They help to stimulate and increase alertness.
4. Cilantro and Cinnamon Bark- They help digestion of any food when trying to stay off of drugs.
5. Cypress Oil- This oil helps both emotional and physical symptoms of
How does one use the essential oils?
There are several ways actually.
I have a diffuser where you put about 15 drops of the oil in it and it will gradually release essential oils into the air at room temperature and those present in the room can inhale them.
Another method is to use steam inhalation. This involves mixing a few drops of essential oil into a bowl of hot water.
The individual should dip a hand towel or handkerchief into the bowl, wring it out and then place it over the nose and mouth and by breathing normally, they can gently inhale the essential oil.
It is also possible to apply essential oils topically, but it is vital to dilute them with a carrier oil, such as jojoba oil, coconut oil, or almond oil, before massaging them into the skin. This is because some essential oils, including lavender oil, may cause skin irritation. The mixture is about 3–5 drops of essential oil for 0.5–1 ounce (oz) of carrier oil. If you get skin irritation, clean area well and do not use that oil again. Some people are allergic to the oils.
Lastly, lots of people love to bathe in the oil. Just put about 5 drops of oil in the tub and run warm water and get in, Let the oil work its magic on your muscles, joints, skin. Put a few drops on a cloth and put it to your temples for relaxation or to get rid of that headache.
Before using any oil, it would be good to try a small bit on your forearm and see if you react to it.
There are all kinds of diffusers that can be purchased. The first one above comes with 6 oils that can be used. The second one is large and you need to pick the oils that you want. Of course, earlier I dropped a 14 pack oil kit to get that would go great with this beautiful large diffuser. And the oils are the best on the market.
Where there are pictures, you can just click on them and they will take you right to these special purchases. Quitting drugs is hard on your body and mind. To soak in a bath and get relief is worth it. Find the oil that makes you happy and helps you feel better physically. That will help you get through another day of sobriety. It has been done before and you can do it now.